вторник, 18 сентября 2012 г.

PREP PROFILE.(SPORTS)(PREP PROFILE)(Column) - The Capital Times

Zeke Hellenbrand

School: Middleton.

Year: senior.

Sports: football, swimming.

Fast Facts: A three-time letterwinner in swimming, Hellenbrand competes in the 200 freestyle and 100 breaststroke. A two-time captain, he also was a member of the Cardinals' WIAA Division 1 state runner-up team as a sophomore. As a junior, Hellenbrand swam on Middleton's 400 freestyle relay that placed eighth at state. He also was 16th in the 100 breaststroke and 20th in the 200 freestyle. A two-time letterwinner in football, Hellenbrand started at cornerback for the Cardinals, who advanced to the third round of the Division 1 state playoffs. He also played baseball as a freshman, earning playing time at second base and in the outfield.

Cumulative grade-point average: 3.63.

Favorite subject: Physics.

Quick quote: 'Competing in sports has taught me about responsibility and time management.'

Three words to describe me are: athletic, musical, intelligent.

How I got started in sports: I started playing tee-ball when I was 6 years old, swimming when I was 9 and playing football in fifth grade.

My most memorable moment in high school was: our boys swimming team finishing second at state my sophomore year.

I enjoy high school sports because: of the friendships I've made.

I enjoy swimming because: of the competition and how good you feel after surviving a tough workout.

Advice: Learn how to manage your time and energy.

My role models are: David Mazur, who was our team captain my sophomore year, and my parents, John and Karen Hellenbrand.

Favorite movie: Top Gun.

Favorite TV show: Modern Marvels on The History Channel.

Favorite food: Pizza, steak.

Favorite sport to watch on TV: Football.

My favorite place to visit: Our cabin near Rhinelander.

I want to visit: Spain.

I listen to: The Dave Matthews Band.

I couldn't live without: My guitars.

This and that: Member of the National Honor Society...has earned an Academic Letter for excellence in the classroom...finished third in the 100 and 200 breaststroke at the United States Swimming state meet as a freshman...plays the guitar for church group at St. Luke's in Middleton...hobbies include playing the acoustic and electric guitar, fishing and downhill skiing.

Post-high school plans: attend college to study engineering or physics and swim.

Career: Pilot.

Jamie Orr

School: New Glarus.

Year: senior.

Sports: basketball, track & field.

Fast Facts: A two-time letterwinner in basketball, Orr has started all three games this season as a forward/guard. She averaged 2 points and 3 rebounds per game as a part-time starter as a junior. Orr is a three-time letterwinner in track and field, competing in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, long jump and 800 relay. The Glarner Knights' 800 relay was second in the Six Rivers Conference meet last spring. She also competed in cross country as a freshman and sophomore, but served as a team manager for the sport as a junior and senior.

Cumulative grade-point average: 3.95.

Favorite subjects: English, photography.

Quick quote: 'The biggest lesson I've learned is to leave everything on the court when you're down. Don't take it home with you.'

Three words to describe me are: outgoing, creative, involved.

How I got started in sports: I began competing in volleyball, basketball and track and field in seventh grade.

My most memorable moment in high school was: competing against Barneveld in the regional finals at Verona my sophomore year.

I enjoy high school sports because: of being on a team with my friends and knowing the people we compete against.

I enjoy playing basketball because: it's competitive, and I love the atmosphere and the roar of the crowd during the games.

Advice: If you don't try to get involved in sports or in school, you'll never know what a rewarding experience it will be.

My role models are: my grandmother, Margaret Sheldon, and my art teacher, Jeff Mergenau.

Favorite movies: Empire Records; High Fidelity.

Favorite TV shows: Alias; The Simpsons.

Favorite food: Subway subs.

Favorite sport to watch on TV: Football.

Favorite place to visit: Germany.

I want to visit: Italy.

I listen to: 92.1-FM.

This and that: Member of National Honor Society, FFA, Student Council, Kids Who Care and Pep Club...State president of FCCLA (Family, Career, Community Leaders of America)...plays alto saxophone in school band and participates in school musicals...hobbies include running and photography.

Post-high school plans: Attend Columbia School of Arts to major in theater or photography.

Career: Working in a small theater company.

CAPTION(S):

Photos of Zeke Hellenbrand and Jamie Orr.